Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First Week Of Classes

The first week of classes are usually crazy busy, especially when you add student club responsibilities and the possibility of being a TA into the mix. This week has been no exception.

My classes look like they will be interesting. My favorite class so far is psycholinguistics, even though it is a three hour night class with no break. A close second would be theories of personality as I like the subject and the professor, who has taught two other classes that I have taken.

Anyway, give me a few days to adjust to my new schedule, and I will get back to my real posting soon. Until then, I am going to point out some new blogs and some interesting posts from other blogs.

2 comments:

Penguin said...

So, what do you do in psycholinguistics? I have a snarky comment, but, will reserve :)

S. Nichole said...

Your snarky comment is probably along the same line as the joke the prof told in the first class. :)

So far we have talked about the rules of language: syntax, semantics, phonology and pragmatics. (Yikes! I had to grab my class notes to remember. Need to study a little more....) We also talked about the historical context of language and the ancient Greeks.

Next week we talk about what constitutes language and some examples to think about that were presented were morse code, bees, and dolphins.

It's going to be a challenging but extremely interesting semester.